Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The beginning....

After years of struggling with digestive hardships and "tummy troubles" I am taking on a new challenge. For as long as I can remember I have battled with a wide range of stomach problems. I had accepted an upset stomach as status quo - until my now husband gently pointed it out to me that having a daily stomachache is not so typical.

After  researching, reading, google-ing, and keeping a food diary - I made an appointment with a dietician and began my  gluten-free journey. Although my blood work has not tested positive for Celiac....I share so many symptoms with the disease. I decided I owe it to myself and my health to commit to a gluten-free diet for 30 days.

With the guide provided by my dietician in hand, my husband and I ventured to the grocery store. Hours later we had read and assessed every food product entering our home! Our trip even included an original song composed by my husband, entitled "Everything has gluten in it!" My pantry is stocked, my fridge is packed full, my husband is on board....what more do I need? Here goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment