October 13, 2011 - Day 4 Gluten-Free
Today was a day of firsts! I had a successful day of GF eating. But, Curt & I went to meet friends for dinner...which made me nervous. We went to Fatheads - which is a restaurant not exactly known for customer service (they won't even let you sub chips for fries!). So, I didn't feel exactly comfortable that they would accommodate my GF diet. I decided to pack my dinner and eat beforehand. My dinner at the restaurant consisted of a glass of wine :) I didn't even eat one chip off of Curt's plate. I know they should (in theory) be GF, but who knows what was in that fryer before the chips....
I also called Whole Foods today to make sure the Turkey Sausage my mom got for Jen's birthday party on Saturday if GF. No problem there :) She already has my GF pasta ready and knows to keep everything separate for me. The only thing that was missing for Saturday was a sweet treat for me - because I can't eat the cake she will be having.
Adventure #2 of the day - GF baking!! I started easy with two recipes that were flour free (instead of trying to master the GF flours). So far smells great and looks great. Luckily chocolate and peanut butter are GF. And added bonus - both recipes were dairy free, too!
Gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip
Gluten-free deep dark chocolate cookies


No comments:
Post a Comment