Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day #5

October 14, 2011 - Day #5 Gluten Free

Almost a week has gone by of my 30 day gluten free challenge :) So far, I feel like it's had a positive impact on my body  - but time will tell if that is a coincidence or not!

A few things to report....I got mixed reviews from the husband on my GF cookies. According to his experienced cookie pallet - he gave my chocolate cookies a 7 out of 10  but the PB only earned a 5! I have to agree with his assessment. The chocolate cookies are so rich and delicious, you never know they are GF. They remind me a flour-less chocolate cake - just pure chocolate bliss. The PB cookies are more curious. You could tell they were not a typical cookie. Certainly not bad, though!

We also got the fantastic news that my husband passed the bar exam today :) Since that called for a celebration we began our search for a GF restaurant in Pittsburgh. We ended up venturing to Eden  a really cute little restaurant in Shady Side. The entire menu is raw, vegan, and GF! This was wonderful because I could be stress-free and not spend the meal worried about if my french fries were in the fryer next to something breaded or if there had been croutons on my salad. We had a deliciously interesting dining experience trying new and unusual foods including pumpkin curry, spicy cabbage slaw, and butternut squash pad thai. I don't think this was what Curt was expecting when I said GF restaurant  :)

But - another day stomach ache free! I have been getting daily headaches, though - which might be from the cold I am fighting. Time will tell!

Another adventure awaits tomorrow - eating out 2x!

No comments:

Post a Comment